Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tabbeh Plays Vidya: "Final Fantasy Type-0 - Disc 1"

God. This game. I don't think I've seen anything this disappointing since Dissidia 012 happened. Okay, so today, I went out and bought Final Fantasy Type-0, a game I DIDN'T buy because I bought Dissidia 012 and The 3rd Birthday (two games which were pretty poorly done; the former was just obvious, the latter took a while for me to notice).

Okay, so the first thing I notice is this: 2 DISCS. Like, what the hell, Square Enix? Are we living in 1997 again and we're playing games with multiple discs again? Well, if you give me a pretty wallpaper that says "INSERT DISC 2" after a couple hours of game play, fine, sure. I'll go with it.

So the game starts off with Nazi Germany invading Suzaku territory. Crystal jammer goes up, and everyone goes down. Which brings up a question. Why science vs. magic? Why can't they just agree and, I dunno, do magiteck? You know. Final Fantasy VI. Whatever. So I play along with it, kill a whole bunch of dudes, destroy a whole bunch of tanks, watch an hour long cutscene of no significance whatsoever, kill more folks, conclude that Odin is actually the double ascended Knight of Time before it was cool, and guess what.

"INSERT DISC 2".

... like... what. Was the whole first mission the first disc? I haven't seen anything cool happen at all. What the hell? Where's my pretty background?

I swear, if this game tells me to switch back to Disc 1 after some time, I'm throwing this trash out the window.

*sigh* This... This doesn't even deserve a rating. It's just that bad.

A note: Disc 2 is far better than Disc 1. Not sure why Disc 1 is even necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment