Saturday, June 25, 2011

Japan trip - Part 5 + miscellaneous

Part 5: June 24, 2011 ~ June 25, 2011 + Miscellaneous:


Friday, June 24, 2011:


Yakiniku tonight. Oh, how I love grills and cooking meat. Aside from that, bathing and sleeping were all I did.


Bought the T-shirt the first thing in the morning of the 25th (in Japan time). I’m not sure if this is really a message to the distressed people in Japan… it looks like a bunch of “ガガラブ♥” (Gaga Love) to me… I dunno. I haven’t checked it out completely.


… by the way, it’s morning and it’s, like, 33+ºC outside. Plus, it’s humid too. It’s been like that for the past few days too. Heat exhaustion, heat stroke. Agh. I don’t want. I think I’ll spend this last day… doing nothing. Or at least wanting to do nothing. I bet when I come back to Californiolavania, it’ll be really cold. Or at least cool.


Saturday, June 25, 2011:


Flew from Itami Airport to Haneda Int’l Airport. Took about an hour. As usual. Flight time was 7:30 PM (3:30 AM, CA time) to 8:30 PM (4:30 AM, CA time). It’s 5:25 AM (9:30 PM, JPN time) right now, and my next––and last (for now)––flight is in three hours. Yeah. At 8:30 AM. I’ll be back in California in about 12 hours 30 minutes… ish.


… It’s odd. For much of my stay here in Japan, I wasn’t all that tired at 9:30 PM. Right now, I can really use a pillow. Or something to lie down on. And sleep. It’s like my body registered June 25th as… a sort of date to shift from Japan time to California time. Whatever the reason is, it’s not really working for me.


Miscellaneous:


Gurren Lagann Ka. Ver. Composite figure:

So I bought three model kits, right? There was also this Gurren Lagann figure… ¥4500-ish. I didn’t buy it for several reasons:


I hear the paint chips when you just… move its limbs around. So it’s more a collectors’ thing than a plaything. I’d like something I can toy with…

Huge drill. Seriously, I’m sure the people at the security check’ll think it’s a weapon.

I bought enough large things. Seriously, three model kits take up as much space as my backpack. That figure’s box is about a third the size of the model kits’ boxes combined. I’m not going to take that home.

I already have a Gurren Lagann figure back at home. Though that didn’t come with a Giga Drill Break level Giga Drill, the paint on that doesn’t chip.


Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Play Arts:

They sold these at the Square Enix store in Shinjuku. I wanted them. Very badly. Very. Very. Badly. You can just tell. I’m a Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker fan. Major fan. However, I was broke. Couldn’t buy any of them (except for a––previously mentioned––Snake (Jungle Fatigues ver.) one). They ranged from… ¥5000 to ¥8000…? Ah well.


Final Fantasy + Kingdom Hearts necklaces, pendants, rings and other accessories:

Also sold at the Square Enix store. Eh, these didn’t make me want very much… but they were pretty nice. Ranged anywhere from ¥1900 to ¥13000-ish. The Griever (Black Silver ver.) one was pretty nice.


Nintendo 3DS:

lolno.


Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D:

Even more lolno.


Neon Genesis Evangelion manga - volume 13:

… I did want, but they didn’t sell.


Evangelion Evolution Test Type - 01 Revoltech:

Comes with a Rebuild ver. Eva-01, a brutally beaten Sachiel, Sachiel’s arm, Sachiel’s rib, clear parts (for blood), Prog. Knife, rifle, interchangeable hand and head parts, and Umbilical Cable. I believe this is for fans wanting the first Angel fight of the show… in Revoltech form. I dunno. Like the stuff mentioned above, I didn’t buy. No space in my bags.


Fist of the North Star - Kenshiro Revoltech:

… I lol’d. And sort of wanted.


Evangelion 2.0 You Can(not) Advance money (yen) bank:

Hilarious. It’s a bank shaped like Eva-01’s head. The box says “Human Money-saving Project.” Sadly, it only holds yen. Plus, I can’t take it home. Too big.


Toy Story Woody Revoltech:

I really did want this, but they didn’t sell it.


HG Burning Gundam model kit:

… I wanted this, but I bought the MG ZZ Gundam model kit instead. Because ZZ Gundam is cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment